01 February 2013

Collecting Colours : Orange + Blue

Oh dear lord! Finally! Getting this post up on the blog has been a bit like giving birth, but harder. (Yep, fairly obvious I've never actually given birth to an actual human being right?). I've been battling to do lists, travel (Japan! Hong Kong!) and my own stupidity...but hurrah! It's here! 

Orange and blue, how I love you! It is one of my long time favourite colour combinations, which is pretty much the reason why I picked it as the colour pair to kick off the year. I've never really figured out why I love it so much, but thanks to this post on Brandi's blog I now know that it's a complementary pair - they sit directly opposite each other on the colour wheel. And apparently paring them brings out the essential orangeness of orange and the essential blueness of blue. Intriguing.

All but one of the above photos was taken in Tokyo where I just spent three wonderful days (more on that later...). The first shot is from Hong Kong, in the wet markets near Central - one of my favourite places to be, especially with my camera.

ps. There is an orange and blue pom pom coming, soon...it's been a crazy start to the year!

* * * * * * *

Every month through 2013 I'll be 'collecting colours', and you can join in too!  Just create something, anything based on the colour pair for each month. Link up below, Instagram, Tweet and/or add your photo to the Flickr group here.  You can go here to get all the information you need.  


5 comments:

  1. I love this! And I would love to join in. However, what with being unemployed and all, I can't imagine where I'll find the motivation. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isa fabulous idea emily and the contrast of blue and orange is great!! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Emily! These colours are great together - very energetic & invigorating. You've inspired me again and I hope to contribute very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Complementary colours always look so stunning together and your photos really bring these two colours to life.
    Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Emily! I never had much appreciation for blue and orange together until this challenge. Your photos just pop!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.