24 December 2012

Oh Xmas Tree!

As the husband put it, this is the first year we've had a relatively 'classy' tree. I had a vision of a tree decorated in blue, silver and white, but the decorating is in the hands of the stepsons. Happily, once they saw the pile of blue, white and silver I'd collected over the months (including some gorgeous vintage additions to the bauble stash), they pretty much came up with the idea themselves - hurrah! The tree is the usual riotous mix of decorations new and old, handmade and mass produced, but this year it has a unifying theme and I love it.

5 comments:

  1. I see you!!!

    Love the little glimpse of you in the last photo! Your idea of just putting out the colour coded decorations is brilliant. I let my two go for it with everything and the tree looks gorgeous but definitely not classy or elegant. Next year I will follow your cue and provide a selection of ornaments in selected colours!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked way better than I could have imagined - they've even been explaining 'their' genius colour scheme idea to all our festive guests!!!

      Delete
  2. Love the tree and the photo of you reflected in the bauble and of course your beautiful embroidered star. Think I've lost it, listening to Rolf Harris singing jingle bells Joy and peace to all of you and think of me drinking white wine in the sun under the ti trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos of your tree. SO BEAUTIFUL!! I have shared it with my family members. You have inspired me for doing something special with our tree next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What a lovely comment! I'm so glad you liked our tree :)

      Delete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.