17 November 2012

Collecting Colour : November is Forest Green

Hmmm, November is forest green. Hardly rolls off the tongue does it? But I picked it because it's probably the only time of year that I do actually embrace forest green (pine trees! xmas ribbon! baubles! etcetera!) in any way. 

You see, outside of the odd splash in traditional xmas decor, forest green and I aren't friends. It seems kind of bland, kind of old fashioned (in a not good way), and - I'm pretty sure this is the biggest issue - it brings back memories of all kinds of monstrous school uniforms. Shudder. Are you a fan? Am I wrong? Do I need to get over this forest green related childhood trauma? 

Regardless, the collection was okay in the end. Rather small and not quite on colour, but okay (I especially like the actual forest green in there, and it smelt good too). In the collection are some lego army men (from Toy Story); a bobble head dachshund from the lovely ladies at made590; some wooden balls from a vintage molecular model (this one); a Korean zip bag which isn't really forest green but is very pretty, so...; a tiny tea cup, some books and some hair clips/ties.


* * * * * * *

Every month through 2012 I'll be 'collecting colour', and you can join in too!  Link up below, and/or add your photo to the Flickr group here.  And go here to get all the information you need.  



8 comments:

  1. nice green collection photo! i have enjoyed following your colour collection this year! looking forward to decemeber :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had a lot of fun doing the monthly collections, it's nice to now people have enjoyed seeing them :)

      Delete
  2. Even though I love many shades of green, I've also had the idea that forest green is a rather old-fashioned shade. It may have something to do with that particular colour being used on my school uniform (along with dark brown). You've gathered together many lovely examples of pretty foresty greens ... especially the pine - I love Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by the response on Twitter it's a fairly common ailment! I had a good think about my forest green phobia and I realised it was our phys ed uniform that was green! Ughhh. I liked some stuff about school but there was NOTHING I liked about PE, no wander I don't like the colour!

      Delete
  3. I went to a public school and never really had to wear a school uniform so I don't think I have any 'issues' with forest green. ;) I love your pretty green things and am intriqued by the little Italie booklet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to a public school too!!! But they were super strict on school uniform for some reason. (I also went to a community school for six months. My subjects were maths, english and scuba diving. But that's a whole other story...)

      Delete
  4. Lovely collection! As much as I like forest green I found it was a ddifficult colour to find at home. Can't wait yo see youxt next collection. I do hope you come up with a similar project for next year. I can't think of next month as the last collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria - that is very sweet of you to say! I've really enjoyed the monthly challenge, and enjoyed the participation from you and others, so I am trying to think of a similar idea for next year...I've got a few ideas but no clear winners so far! x

      Delete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.