27 May 2011

Death by Doxie: The Black and White Edition

I've always been a sucker for black and white photography.  There's something about seeing the world sans colour which adds a certain depth to images.  I love the way it brings pattern, shape and shadow to the fore.  

My camera has a black and white setting which I've been playing around with.  It's probably just my imagination, but I think setting the camera to b&w (rather than changing from colour to b&w in post production) gives the image a more rounded quality?  What do you think?

Do you love black and white photos too?


7 comments:

  1. Hey I didn't know that you could actually take the photos in B&W - will be having a play on the weekend.

    The deux Doxies look amazing in B&W and these photos are very frameworthy.

    xx F

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaaaahhhh a good dose of doxies :D thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting from Gifts of Serendipity. Lovely photos, such beautiful eyes. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black & White is my absolute favorite. The shots you captured of the dogs are simply adorable. I tend to catch my three in the same position as well. And when they hear the camera go on, they move.....And yes I agree with Felicity, definitely frameworthy:)

    I fell that B&W gives the photo a whole new perception.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of black and white photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from F's place. Nice tour and such cute pics of your doggies!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.