26 May 2011

Creative Collective May Project: In The Hoop

Well, I finally got myself organised in time to connect up with another one of the Creative Collective projects.  In The Hoop is all about craft projects that use embroidery hoops (and not necessarily for embroidery!).  It kind of helped that I am a bit hoop mad at the moment - the project has been a good motivator for me to finally make the time to put some of my ideas in to action.

These two hoops are the little 4" ones, and they are part of a 'Seasons' series that I've started working on. Here's Summer and Winter (if you can't figure out which is which I clearly haven't done a good job!), with Autumn and Spring to come, at some point.  Due to my complete inability to follow a pattern, this is free hand embroidery - I have some basic gridlines to follow and a bunch of ideas in my head, but really the design unfolds as I'm making it.  They'll be in my Etsy shop soon.

What do you think?



It's not too late for you to join in too - hop on over to the Creative Collective blog for all the details and for tons of crafty inspiration!  It's a great blog to follow for links to crafty ideas and how tos, go have a look see!

6 comments:

  1. But the hoops are sooo small! how did you manage to find one? I love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You can find 4" hoops from some supply sellers on Etsy and on eBay - I haven't seen them in the shops though! They are very cute to work with, I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Emily!!! Must get organised and finish my in the hoop project...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deb! And I know the feeling - I have a bunch of other hoop ideas I'm trying to make time for this month too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily, I've just come across from Felicity's blog after reading your tour. I loved your photos of the market in Korea, makes me want to hop on a plane and go shopping! I'm now following your blog and look forward to reading more.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - that snowflake is darling!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happier than you could possibly imagine. Really! Thank you.